The Green Belt rank signifies that you are an intermediate level student. As an intermediate level student you will be expected to begin taking on additional responsibilities within the dojang. Beginning students will look to you for guidance on their basic techniques – techniques that you should, by now, be very comfortable with performing and prepared to demonstrate to the “younger” students.
The following are your requirements for promotion to Green Belt:
- BLOCKS: Low, High, X-Block (Low/High) Spearhand Jab – From a front stance.
- Out-in, In-out, Chops (Low, Middle, High) – From a back stance (Some of the above terms will be given in Korean) .
- KICKS: Side snap, Triple Roundhouse (low, middle, high), Reverse kick, Crescent (out-in and in-out), Heel kick, Jumping Out-In Crescent, Jump front snap (front and back legs), Spinning Crescent.
- ONE STEPS: Five one steps; three must be take-downs.
- FORMS: Palgue Hyungs 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- SPARRING: At least 3 times, with grading based on Defense, Control, & Technique.