Your last belt promotion brought with it new responsibilities and an introduction to some advanced kicking techniques. The test for Green I is certainly a special test because this test will signify that you are half way there in attaining your Black Belt. However, being halfway there doesn’t mean that you have learned half of what you will need to know, nor does it mean that the other half of the journey will be as easy as the first half. You should be preparing yourself physically as well as mentally for the rest of the wonderful journey that lies ahead.
The following are your requirements for promotion to Green I Belt:
- BLOCKS: Board breaking techniques will generally be substituted (3 boards). Be prepared do all blocking techniques from 9th through 6th Gup.
- KICKS: Triple Roundhouse (same area), Reverse kick, Crescent (out-in and in-out), Heel kick, Hook Kick, Jumping out-in Crescent, Spinning Crescent, Jump roundhouse, combination hook kick followed by a roundhouse.
- ONE STEPS: Five one steps; weapons may be used .
- FORMS: Palgue Hyungs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
- SPARRING: At least 3 times.