Your second test in Tang Soo Do will be for Orange I. An Orange I belt will have a single black stripe on each end of the belt. The stripe should be sewn on at a 45 degree angle. By the time you test for your Orange I belt, you should be pretty comfortable with your basic techniques and stances. It is at this point that you will begin more advanced techniques. In fact, with each subsequent test you will find that the new techniques are generally more difficult to master. Practice is extremely important.
The following are your requirements for promotion to Orange I Belt:
- BLOCKS: Low, High, X-Block (Low/High) – From a front stance Out-in, In-out, Chops (Low, Middle, High) – From a back stance.
- KICKS: Front Snap, Side snap, Jump front snap (front & back legs) – Front stance Double roundhouse (low/high), Reverse kick – Back stance.
- ONE STEPS: Five one steps; one must be a take-down.
- FORMS: Palgue Hyungs 1 and 2 .
- SPARRING: At least 3 times, with grading based on Defense, Control, & Technique.